And the Wheels on the truck halted

A few years ago I was involved in a accident. This accident changed me forever. I am so causious now that I scare myself. I look two or three times before pulling out of somewhere and even have someone check behind me when changing lanes (if I have and adult riding that I nominate to be the side car driver). If you've ever experienced an accident I'm sure you can relate.

Well, out for an afternoon of going to the bank for myself and my bestest friend in the whole wide world, I decided it would be a nice treat to let my girls go to Mikey D's for a treat. I live in a small town with only two red lights so its not like its a big town, anyway, I had just left the bank and I preceed to McDonald's ...then I see this little brownish car pulling out of a side rode. I slowed down ..to be nice...lol...he stopped...I sped up again...he stopped...he proceeded to pull further out into the street and AGAIN...I stopped.....well the third time is the charm right...WRONG....I sped up...he slammed into me....yep people...he says he didnt see me..

Now just for the record, I drive an ARMADA. I dont want you to think I'm cold-hearted. I understand that accidents happen. I also understand that we sometimes misjudge distance. I am not talking about that aspect of the accident. I gave him three chances. Ok thats over with.

I am sitting here waiting on the adjustor to put all his notes on paper and print them out for me. I am not happy with the fact that I have to go put my truck in a shop. But life throws curves and we can either stand and get hit or duck and get missed. I think ...well there is nothing I can do. The economy is so bad right now that this Armada is at home and will continue to be here because moma cant take what they are willing to trade in for right now. Also, now that she is getting her hair colored as not to show her gray hair, she is just well mine. Thats ok though. We have bonded and I really have to say we have come to an agreement. The accident was bad because it was an accident but no one got hurt (well Emily's arm got bang up ..but will be better in time), and that all in all she protected us with her massiveness. This is why I bought her and she has proven to me that she is happy to be here. She has proven that she is here to protect us. Now mind you ..what hit us was a tonka car. Hopefully she will never have to show us if she is fit for the job against anything else. I hope she doesnt EVA want to play chicken with anything her own size or bigger. Even though she protected us ...the full credit needs to be a little higher up. And yes, I did thank him( I say this because I know Hope is asking).

p.s. I just got through talking to the adjustor and she has been put out of commission until she is well. I have to go get a loaner. I will miss her but she will be all spruced up soon..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WINTER CLEANING....APRING ANEW

WHAT I THINK?

AND WE'RE BACK